Translate

Ads

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Venom's warning


at last I've seen the said Tree..


The Manumang Tree from Dalimag Norte
taken June 5, 2011



Have you heard of Mannumang Tree?

Tagalog Name: Kapok Tree

Ilokano Name: Kapasanglay Tree

Scientific Name: Ceiba Pentandra

English Name: Silk Coton Tree

Bark of this tree can cure snake bite, interesting isn’t it? A friend from Bangued, Abra visited us last week, had a walk inside SM Mall in North Edsa to see featured Bonsai on display, surprisingly, there are also animals along mall way for you to touch, take pictures and even pose with them. I’m so amazed so I decided to take a look, Birds, lizards of different kinds and there was a big snake, in white and yellow color, about 6ft in length, I never had experience to touch this creature, so I did heheheh. It’s kinda sticky but it appears to be shiny because of its scales, it is soft and a bit boney when you touch it, heheh but that’s it, I don’t dare to hold this snake because it is really scary and seems harmful. I told my friend to touch it, a bit scary too, because in their province, they really hate snakes, but she did, only by her fingers.

In the apartment, we had a review of what we did the whole day and suddenly we remember the snake we saw, my friend told us a story about snake and mentioned that in Dalimag, San Isidro Abra, snakes are scared of one big tree in the middle of the village, so tall that even can view the whole village from the top, villagers call it “Mannumang (Ilokano word) Tree”,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing.

You may try to visit...