Translate

Ads

Friday, July 27, 2012

Bonete: The Gems of Bocaue

Most of the travelers usually think of what they may discover in every places they explore, and one of the main thing that comes to their mind is food or the Town's delicacies or specialties.

Delicacy is defined as a food item that is considered highly desirable in certain cultures. Often this is because of unusual flavors or characteristics or because it is rare. Traditionally prepared from family generations passing to generation.

When I was in High-school, I always go out, Gala ako ng Gala in our local dialect. when I'm with my friends, we always explore new things, we used motorbike to roam around the village nearby and of course looking for something to eat most of the time hahahahah, looking for a nearest bakery for our lite snacks.

Passing thru McArthur highway in Bulacan, we found a bakery near the welcome arch of Bocaue and Boundary of Marilao, towns which are located in Bulacan Province in Central Luzon. And the name of this bakery is Francisco Bakery.

What's special in here? the gem like bread that they call "Bonete"


Bonete is like small dinner rolls, it's light sweetness and distinctive buttery flavor gives smile to every one who eats it.

July 21, 2012- i was invited to shoot a wedding in Calumpit, Bulacan. then decided to buy Bonete and bring it home as a treat because it's been a long time that I never eat it, and I miss it. hehehehe, so glad that this bread stop is still there and having many buyers is not a surprise for me anymore.


Francisco Bakery
1112 McArthur Highway
Lolomboy, Bocaue, Bulacan
Philippines
Good thing that the owner of this bread shop is there and  we had the chance of making small talk about their business. I said to the owner that I am 13 years old the 1st time I've tasted the bread. she was glad and i asked some questions about the bakery and I'm willingly listened to her that day.

His grand grandfather is the one who started the business way back 70's in Poblacion Bocaue, passed thru generations to generations and now currently managed by Mrs. Eliza Francisco. We had a small talk and asked her if i can take pictures in the bakery, she allowed me actually hehehe.


It's my very pleasure to meet the owner since the gem-like bread of their bakery is part of my childhood, my happy childhood memories, and now I'm 29 years old, the memories are kept in my mind that somewhat I discovered something delicious and will be forever part of me, that Bulakenyos's may be proud of.


Mrs. Eliza Francisco
The Owner



No comments:

You may try to visit...